Monday, November 5, 2018

Inktober wrap up

Some of the last things I made in Inktober and what I accomplished.
 I cut out scallop shapes that came with my Scan n cut. I used watercolor paper on the top one, and distressed scrapbook paper on the bottom.
I drew in a circle and followed it with doodled leaves


I had a strip of black scrapbook paper on my table and used it to doodle with a white gel pen. This layout with the scallops looks like a future project.
 
My absolute favorite thing to do is cut out dress shapes, watercolor them, then doodle freehand. I want to create a look book of these.

Learning from Inktober
  • I really challenged myself to get into the studio . So many obstacles, so much resistance. Most of the month I didn't feel well (arthritis flairs), scanner problems, feeling left behind, car problems that have yet to be worked out, and numerous other difficulties.
  • I learned how to make my markers flow. Instead of scrubbing them into the water colored paper, I allow the ink to make contact with the paper. This realization helped me with all the chores and things I didn't want to do. I just showed up where I could and opened to whatever joy I could find in the task. I made contact with my presence and then allowed the thing to do itself, (housework I'm looking at you ; )  ).
  • I love the process of "inking".  I will get better quality supplies and do more of it.
  • I really want to get better at sharing and documenting my work. Not sure what that looks like yet.
I read the Manifesto of Encouragement almost everyday, and everyday I feel it coming more alive in my life.

"Someone is in profound pain, and a few months from now, they’ll be thriving like never before. They just can’t see it from where they’re at."Danielle Laporte
 
This line gives me life.