I cut .svg files from my fancy faces collection. They are actually silhouettes from this paper doll set. The set includes the hair, faces and necks so that they can be cut in different colors or layered for a printing plate.
I printed this with Versatex inks using a Gelli pad. I doodled embellishment when it was dry. I will be exploring this technique again.
The parts were layered and glues to produce a plate which was placed on the pad. While I plan to do more experimenting with this,I really love the way the paint dried on the plates. I embellished them with markers.
I created some bird cutting files, which I cut with the scan n cut, then I painted and embellished with watercolor.
They are inspired by the birds in my yard that love to eat the berries before I do. I cut them from 140 lb 9 x 12 watercolor paper. I did a light wash in the background, then took a darker color and did some patterns with a fine brush.