Thursday, January 31, 2019

7 ephemeral work



My work at this point is very ephemeral. 
The short-lived and transient meaning. I am following a 
thread, and at the same time playing 
with creativity, the muse, the imps, fairies, and spirits of joy.
I'm playing with things from yesterday, and the day before.
The words are Valentine's day words. 
They are printed on coffee/tea dyed printer papers.
These papers are dyed with strong tea and placed in the oven to dry 
(very low heat).
They are steam ironed flat. I iron them in one pile. 
They flatten and smooth each other.
I love the aged crinkle effect. I adapted this YouTube video to my set up. Mrs.Cog's stove area is a lot like mine.

There are many others. Many techniques and styles that can be adapted to your set up and supplies. 

I don't have a picture for it, but I applied walnut ink crystals on the tears and some of the edges.




No comments: