Sunday, January 25, 2009

New Inspiration and love for what I do

I spent the last half of December and most of January filling my
creative well. I have been reading and following creative threads.

I love decorative folk painting and painting on furniture and have
been filling my eyes and heart with visual images, and certain forms
of that art. I love tole painting and fractur .
I hope to complete work that brings influence from it into my work.

I have also spent some time working with embossing copper and my
first love shrink plastic.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love fraktur too! I tried a few pieces in the 90s (early). If I come across any that are stashed away somewhere around here, I'll show you. I love your work Elaine and your vision is original and your style is simply gorgeous. You have your own vibe and clearly march to your own drum. Hugs, Norma.