Saturday, February 9, 2019

11 where I get my images thoughts and ideas

If this project is a success, the criteria will be creating my own elements, embellishments, and papers to use in my artwork. I want it to look like me. By that, I mean combinations of what I find interesting and beautiful and my own explorations.

Sometimes that may mean using printed scrapbook papers, Especially if they are dark or on sale.

I love cut paper. It is hard on my hands so I use a combination of hand cut and machine cut.

I love Fraktur and Pennsylvania Dutch hex art, Mexican folk art, and all decorative painting.

Another way this project will be a success is to try color palettes that I  am not normally drawn to. I want to stray off the beaten path of the color wheel, or a least explore it more deeply.

It takes time to put the elements together and finish things. A lot of behind the scenes work is trying things together lots of sketches and camera note taking.

No comments: